Recent Posts

My Weekend

Cardiff 27.01.17 - 29.01.17

Recently I have enjoyed a long weekend in Cardiff, spending some time with my boyfriend, Dylan. As this weekend proved to be more eventful than most, I thought I would share it with you and hopefully even give you some ideas of what to do if you ever find yourself in or around Cardiff. When I started writing this post and looking back at all the photos, I realised that my few days away had unintentionally revolved around food. So turns out this post is less about what I wore, which is what I had planned, and more about where to eat, nevertheless, I hope you enjoy reading it all the same.

Friday

Tapas - Curado Bar

I have been desperate to go to the Curado Bar in Cardiff since its opening a few months ago, and on Friday night Dylan and I finally got round to going! The new restaurant and deli is an expansion of my favourite local tapas bar, Ultracomedia in Narberth. If I had to eat only one thing for the rest of my life, it would have to be tapas. I have to say all of that led to some pretty high expectations and the Curado Bar most definitely didn't disappoint. Centrally located, right by the Principality Stadium, the space has a welcoming ambience, both warm and informal. We chose to sit upstairs where they have a selection of more intimate booths, which proved to be slightly quieter than the more social bar atmosphere on the ground floor. We ordered a selection of dishes between the two of us including a board of meats and cheeses from the deli, fried squid and patatas bravas, all of which were amazing. Overall the Curado Bar offers a beautiful dining experience, good service and tasty, traditional Spanish food at reasonable prices. I could not recommend it highly enough and I will most definitely be back soon.









Saturday

Bill's Brunch

Neither myself or Dylan had been to Bill's before Saturday, and having heard so many good things about it from both friends and family we thought we'd give it a try. We were lucky to even get a table, it was crazy busy and we hadn't even thought to book anything beforehand, by the time we left the queue was out of the door so I guess that speaks for itself in a way. Every time the idea of brunch is brought up, I instantly crave pancakes. If i do say so myself, I can make a pretty delicious pancake from time to time (thanks to Jamie Oliver), but any excuse for eating out and I'm already there. I ordered pancakes with smoked streaky bacon and maple syrup and it was divine! I hadn't realised the pancakes were made with blueberries inside and it was a nice little surprise when they arrived at my table. Dylan was equally impressed with his Bill's Breakfast and I definitely am keen to go back to the restaurant for dinner one day soon as the entire menu looked delicious.


Cardiff Market

Yet another place I hadn't been before this weekend. Every time I have been to Cardiff without fail, I have walked straight past the market but never ventured inside. This weekend we randomly went inside, drawn in by the irresistible smell of freshly cooked welsh cakes, and I am SO glad we did! I didn't realise how beautiful the building actually is or how busy it would be. We picked up some steaks to cook for dinner, sold to us by a butcher who weirdly was revolted by the thought of eating steak himself, and they were amazing! After meandering through the market browsing all of the craft stalls and beautiful looking food, we left more than happy with a bag full welsh cakes fresh from the hot plate, which by the way, you have not lived until you have tried!


Shopping

I hadn't even intended to do any shopping this weekend, but I saw this bargain and I simply couldn't resist! We went into Schuh on a whim just to browse, but then these boots popped out at me and when I realised they were on sale, I just couldn't put them back. The Schuh Black Aladdin Boots fill a gap in my shoedrobe I didn't even realise I had, turns out I did not own a simple black heeled ankle boot. I love the patent textured finish of the leather and the block heel makes them super easy and comfortable to walk in. They're such a versatile piece and I look forward to styling them up and down in the very near future. 


Comedy Night

Perhaps the favourite part of my weekend, on Saturday night we attended a stand up comedy night at The Glee in Cardiff Bay. Dylan and I have been once before and were both so excited to go back as it's a great night out and they have different comedians every week. The club was completely packed so there was a great atmosphere throughout the evening and each one of the comedians was hilarious, in particular Jen Brister, I would definitely check her out if you're at all into comedy. However, I will say that even though the club offers discounted tickets for students, it can add up to a pricey night out as the bar is definitely not the cheapest. The Glee has various clubs spread throughout the country so I would definitely recommend checking out the club nearest you, but as a treat once in a while rather than a regular night out. 


Sunday

Sunday was slightly less eventful as it was my last day in Cardiff so we just chilled at home in our pyjamas and watched a few of our favourite films. I hope you enjoyed this little update of what I got up to on my weekend away, it's one of my favourite types of post to read and have loved writing my own. Happy Reading.
Cxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment