Recent Posts

Cinched in Stripes

Outfit of the Day







Outfit Details:

Black Long Sleeve Turtle Neck - New Look
Oversized Blue & White Striped Shirt - Boden        Alternative - ASOS
Wide Buckle Waist Belt - River Island                      Alternative - ASOS
Mid Rise Skinny Jeans in Mid Wash - Superdry
Patent Black Aladdin Ankle Boots - Schuh
Cocoon Oversized Coat in Mustard- Great Plains
White Watch - STORM
Black Bucket Bag - Karen Millen 

Courtesy of Prada, the corset has had a huge comeback, no longer to be hidden away as underwear, it has been completely reinterpreted and is now a key layering piece to be worn over clothing, accentuating your waist. Now I am not a huge fan of some of the corset pieces that too closely resemble the traditional corset or look like a waist trainer, it just seems unnecessary to me. However, I do love the concept of accentuating your waist, whatever outfit you happen wearing. Whether its an oversized shirt or a summer dress, this corset trend works with absolutely everything and I've been looking for a way to achieve the same look whilst avoiding the more underwear like pieces. In comes the oversized waist belt. Cinches your waist in so is beyond flattering, can be worn over virtually anything, its essentially the perfect accessory and I can't believe it's taken me so long to get my hands on one. The high street has got on board with this trend surprisingly quickly and there are so many variations of the 'corset' available that it's not hard to find a piece that's to your own personal taste.
Another key trend for spring 2017 is Banker Stripes. I stole this shirt from my dad's excessive shirt collection however, these striped shirts are becoming unavoidable. Zara are doing this trend particularly well and most of the pieces I've seen combine multiple spring trends into one piece. For example, striped shirts featuring floral embroidery, or even deconstructed, asymmetric striped shirts. It's definitely a look I want to experiment more with in the near future.

Thanks for reading, Cxx






0 comments:

Post a Comment