Recent Posts

My Everyday Makeup


A selection of my favourite beauty products, all used to create this super simple makeup look!

For When You Only Have 20 Minutes to Spare...

This is my basic makeup routine that I follow every day without fail. It's quick, simple, and the neutral tones allow me to change it up and wear any lip colour I might be fancying that day. For me, this look is so adaptable that I can easily take it from day to night by just adding a little bit more depth and smokiness to my eyes. I have extremely sensitive skin and it has proven to be quite a challenge for me to find beauty products, in particular skincare, moisturisers and foundation, that I am not allergic to. However, I have been using most of these products for years now and they're my tried and tested favourites that I will continue to repurchase for years to come. 


Prep & Prime

After cleansing my face, I use my Estée Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Serum. Although this product is perhaps most renowned for its anti-ageing properties, as I am only 19 I can't really comment on how effective that is just yet. However, I do still love this serum and use it religiously as it smooths my skin and makes it feel and look more radiant and healthy, providing me with a beautiful base to start my makeup routine. I then follow that with my trusted moisturiser, Clinique - dramatically different moisturizing lotion, which is my most long loved product. As I have reasonably dry skin, this product is perfect for me as its rich, creamy formula provides all day hydration and overtime has taken some of the dryness out of my skin. I cannot recommend this moisturiser enough and if I ever skip this step it is fully evident in my makeup application. Although the lotion is best on dry skin, Clinique have also released a gel product from the same range aimed at people with more oily skin which I will link for you here. The final step preparing my skin for make up application is primer. I have a few favourite primers including cult product Benefit - The POREfessional, but for the past few months I've been using The Body Shop - All-in-One Instablur and loving it! It mattifies skin, reduces the appearance of pores and most importantly helps your makeup last all day!

Choose Your Weapons...

As I've become more interested in all things beauty over the past year or so, my makeup brush collection has consequently expanded. These are just a few of my personal favourites that are must haves in my every day makeup bag. 
1. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - I LOVE this sponge, I repurchased it countless times over the years and will continue to do so, I simply swear by it. I use it everyday to blend my concealer and my liquid foundation as it guarantees a uniform, flawless coverage. 
2. I use a double ended brush to fill in my eyebrows with an angle brush at one end and a spoolie brush at the other, such as this brush by Eylure. I've found this tool makes achieving a natural looking, well-groomed eyebrow super easy as you can get a sharp shape with the angle brush and brush out any excess product using the spoolie. 
3. I use the A14 Brow Definer Brush by Spectrum Collections to apply eyeshadow to my lower lash line which I can then smudge and blend out with a fluffy brush. 
4. I use the B06 Tall Tapered Blender by Spectrum Collections to apply and blend eyeshadow to my eyelid and crease.
5. I use the C07 Luxe Tapered Sculptor by Spectrum Collections to apply my powder contour and sculpt my face. 
6. I use the Body Shop Face & Body Brush to apply my all in one powder on the entirety of my face and also blend my contour further to ensure I avoid any harsh lines. 

Face: Base, Contour & Highlight

I start with my Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in the shade Ivory, I apply a sheer layer of this all over my face using my blending sponge, just to even out my complexion. Then I apply a cult product, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, in shade Fair 1 under my eyes and on any areas I want to highlight such as my nose, forehead and chin. I then use the same sponge again to make sure both products are blended on my face. Next I grab my Body Shop All In One Face Base in shade 03 and apply that all over my face to matte my skin and set the products I've already used so they last as long as possible. I then take my Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light, using the darker colour I apply the product to the hollows of my cheeks and blend to try and define my nonexistent cheekbones and then apply it under my jaw in an attempt to disguise my double chin (I'm not sure it works!) This also adds some much needed colour to my pale complexion. Finally, I finish my face makeup using my Sleek Makeup Highlighter palette in Solstice. This is one of the most beautifully pigmented highlighters I have ever tried and its a complete steal at only £9.99! I apply the baked powder in the bottom right of that palette to my cheekbones, nose and cupids bow. 


Eyes & Lips

Starting with my eyebrows, I thought I would just mention that I have my eyebrows professionally threaded and tinted on a regular basis. I find this makes my everyday makeup routine SO much easier! For the first week or so I don't even have to touch my eyebrows as they're dark and well shaped, but even from then on having that basic shape to work with makes filling your eyebrows in so  simple! Personally I find using a powder product works best as its pretty much fool proof! You can achieve a sharp line using an angle brush, you can apply less powder where you want your eyebrows to look lighter and, its easy enough to brush out product using a spoolie if you've accidentally been a bit heavy handed. The powder that I've been using for years is actually part of an eyeshadow palette by Clinique. However,  Clinique have released a Pretty Easy Brow Palette that has a similar colour and formula. 

After I've finished my eyebrows I move onto my eyes, for todays look I am using the Estée Lauder Deluxe Pure Color Envy Eye and Cheek Palette which I received as part of the Estée Lauder The Makeup Artist Collection. For everyday eyeshadow I use very neutral shades and try to subtly emphasise my crease and my lower lash line. I apply the lightest shade in the palette (top left) to the inner corner to try and brighten my eyes. I then apply the light ash brown shade (4th top left) all over my lid and blend a bit of the light purple shade (5th top left) into the outer corner and my crease. I then used the same light purple shade to define my lower lash line and smoked it out a bit so it wasn't as defined. Finally, to complete my eye look I applied my new favourite mascara which is Faux to Go by H&M. An unexpected find, this mascara does wonders for my lashes, it lengthens and thickens and is a complete bargain at only £7.99. The last step to complete my everyday makeup is lips. I tend to change this day to day depending what mood I'm in or what I'm wearing. Today I went for a lipgloss, which is slightly unusually for me as I tend to stick to matte lips. The gloss I'm using also came as part of the Estée Lauder The Makeup Artist Collection and is a Red Pure Color Envy Sculpting Gloss. I actually really love how this product applied and looks, and it surprisingly lasted a very long time before I had to reapply. 

 

The Final Look...

There you have it, my everyday makeup look. I hope you enjoyed reading about some of my most loved products and I've encouraged you to give a few of them a go. 
Thanks for reading! Cxx


0 comments:

Post a Comment