Recent Posts

Happy New Year!


resolutions & goals for 2017

In the words of Kylie Jenner, 2016 was "the year of like, just realising stuff", but this new years, for the first time, I have actually made some resolutions and really thought about what I could realistically achieve. So my 2017 is all about actually doing stuff. Of course I have the cliché ideas of travelling more and leading a happier, healthier life, but I thought I'd fill you in on a few of my more personal goals.


1. Bite the bullet, Start a blog

Even by writing this first post I am taking the first step to achieving one of my resolutions. My main goal for 2017 is to create and maintain my own fashion & lifestyle blog. I aim to post at least 6 new pieces of content every month to ensure it is updated and relevant. The idea of a my own blog has been in my head for a while now as I am an avid blog reader and follower of all things fashion myself, and I love experimenting with my own personal style; but no matter how much my friends and family tell me to just shut up and get on with it, I have always prioritised other things. However, as this is my year of doing, I have decided to bite the bullet and just start writing and I must say, so far I am loving it.

2. Hour of Productivity

My second resolution is to do at least 1 hour of university work or blogging every single day in order to keep on top of my work load. Although I would consider myself an organised person, I am also a perfectionist. This unfortunately means any method of time management is thrown out of the window as no matter how much time I set myself to do a task, it will always take me three times as long. Therefore, I am hoping that by doing a little bit of work every day, and actually sticking to it, I can not only cope with the extra work that comes with a new blog but also reduce my stress levels when it comes to deadlines.

3. Self Taught Geek

In an effort to improve my university work, I want to teach myself and become more confident using several of the different softwares that have been recommended to me. As a second year architecture student, a large amount of my work is digital and although I can use basic softwares, I want to use more of the advanced programmes. I hope that this will not only improve my work and strengthen my portfolio but also, the skills learnt will be invaluable when considering future employment.

4. 2017:The Movie

Anybody who knows me will say I take way too many pictures, I'm like unwanted paparazzi. So this year I want to make a video montage of my 2017 using the app '1 Second Everyday:Video Diary'. The app makes it so easy to stitch together any photos or videos you have snapped along the way and I just think it would make a beautiful memory to look back on in years to come. You can download the app here and create your own year of moving pictures.

5. Work Hard, Play Hard

Finally, I know this statement will bring great happiness to all of my housemates in Manchester but in 2017 I want to go out more. I have unintentionally become the grandma of our house and I feel old before my time, even my mum wishes I was more in touch with my 'wild side'. As it stands, if I'm given the option to go to a club or put my pyjamas on and watch Netflix there is zero competition, and I just don't think that's a great attitude to have when entering your twenties. So this year I'm hoping to change that by committing to plans and actually seeing them through.  Getting motivated to get ready is always the bit I struggle with, once I'm actually out of the house I always enjoy myself, especially when I'm with the fabulous group of girls that I am lucky enough to have in my life.

There you have it, 5 of my main resolutions and goals for 2017, lets just hope now I've published them I actually stick to them. I'm so excited to see what this year brings and I can't wait to share it all with you! I'm going to sign off this post with a few of my favourite memories from 2016, I can only hope that 2017 is going to be even better.

8th September

14th August


15th October

27th June

8th June

24th September


4th November

31st July

30th January

18th July

2nd October



1st November


1 comment:

  1. So proud of you! Can't wait to help release your wild side ��

    ReplyDelete